Definition of Ablativa
- It is an adjective that indicates that something is relative to ablation.
- An ablativa procedure, such as ablativa surgery, is the removal of an organ or tumor from the body through a surgical operation.
SYNONYMS FOR ABLATIVA
ORIGIN OF ABLATIVA
With regard to the etymological, the term originates from the Latin “ablavitus”. This is translated as “relative to what is taken out.”
It results from the sum of the prefix “ab-” which indicates separation, “latus” which is the derivation of the verb produce or transfer, and the suffix “-tive” or “tiva” which establishes a relationship.
CURIOSITIES OF ABLATIVA
- In medicine there are many types of ablativa surgery : amputation, circumcision, hysterectomy, lobectomy, mastectomy, lumpectomy. In contrast to it, there are non-medical practices of this that violate human rights : clitoral ablation, breast ironing, castration and mutilation of the female genitalia.
- The ablativa (without specifically using “ablativa”) also refers to a type of material that protects from high temperatures and in turn is a term linked to grammar in the construction of sentences.
- Currently, human rights associations speak of female genital cutting as a procedure that violates the rights of women. UNICEF, since 2008, has been establishing a program that seeks to eradicate it.