Definition of Bae
- Literally, “before anyone else“. From the English Before Anyone Else.
- This acronym is used to refer to a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a lover, a crush, or anyone who is considered the most important in someone’s life. For example: You are my bae because you are always with me.
ORIGIN OF BAE
The abbreviation BAE comes from Before Anyone Else and means “Before anyone else.” It is an Anglo-Saxon acronym that has become popular in recent years as a synonym for Girlfriend (girlfriend) or Boyfriend (boyfriend). However, it can be used between friends or in a different context than the couple.
It was first popularized in the United States, but, thanks to social networks, it began to be used in different places, including Spanish-speaking ones. Today, it is used to express to someone how important they are to the person who writes it. This is communicated mainly through chats and social networks.
CURIOSITIES OF BAE
- Bæ / bae is a Danish word for poop. For this reason, it is not good to use it with a person from this country.
- Some people use bae because they think it means baby, honey, etc.
- Bae Su-Ji is a South Korean singer who has been active since 2010 and is commonly known as Suzy.