Definition of BdsMovement
- Literally “Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement “translated from English Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.
- Palestinian movement that seeks justice, equality and freedom, from their perspective, through a smear campaign against Israel.
ORIGIN OF BDSMOVEMENT
The origin of BdsMovement comes from the Palestinian conflict with Israel. This conflict has its origin in the Israeli occupation and alleged crimes against the Palestinian people. The first actions taken by the BdSMovement were in 2005, when they launched their international lobbying program. These “ Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions ” actions seek to pressure the nation of Israel to stop the occupation of the Palestinian territories.
The BdsMovement is an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) which indicates that this movement is not led by politicians. According to the Palestinian thesis, Israel commits acts of racism, segregation, violence and certain abuses against Palestinian citizens.
As such the “BdsMovement” is a movement led by Palestinian activists who seek through international pressure to obtain freedoms from Israel. This movement has led to international protests against Israel demanding the fulfillment of human rights towards the Palestinian people.
CURIOSITIES OF BDSMOVEMENT
- Almost 10 years after its launch, the BdSMovement made significant progress affecting Israel’s economy significantly.
- Different multinationals and investors have supported the BdSMovement and have cut their alliances with Israel.
- Different artists have refused to perform in Israel or have dealings with that country since they found out about the BdSMovement.