Definition of Bichota
- She is a woman who has a high-ranking position. Although the meaning of the word is positive, the context in which it is used is negative, since this great position is attributed to the drug lords.
- It refers to a flirtatious woman. From this perspective, a bicha is a woman who does not put herself in his place, but flirts with the man who appears to her.
- It is used to imply a powerful woman or, in more current concepts, empowered.
- Augmentative female of a bug , that is, a female insect of great proportions.
ORIGIN OF BICHOTA
The word bichota, or its similar bicha, is used in several Spanish-speaking areas. The connotation of this term can vary from being positive to negative very easily, depending on the motives and worldview of each of these places in which it is used.
The term comes from a bug that originally refers to an insect. From there, the connotations have varied in different ways, responding to the local culture of different Spanish-speaking areas.
CURIOSITIES OF BICHOTA
- Bichota, also refers to a song by the Colombian singer Karol G. This work was released at the end of 2020 and has been a great success and, also, a great controversy.
- After the release of the song “Bichota” social networks exploded accusing the artist of promoting negative messages to her listeners. The main users leading these criticisms came from central America.
- Karol G, interpreter of “Bichota”, defended herself saying that for her the term expresses female empowerment and not the negative connotation attributed to it by the citizens of Puerto Rico.