Definition of Chamaquito
- Someone who is a minor or who is still in childhood or adolescence is called a chamaquito or chamaquita. For example: Pablo is a little boy as you see him.
- By extension, a person is called chamaquito who despite being an adult has behaviors that reflect immaturity or that are characteristic of children.
- In this country it is a synonym for boyfriend or a person who maintains romantic relationships. In this context: I want Alberto to be my little boy.
SYNONYMS FOR CHAMAQUITO
- Young guy
ORIGIN OF CHAMAQUITO
The term “chamaquito” derives from the word “chamaco” which comes from the Nahuatl word chamahua. This word is synonymous with maturing, growing or becoming a man. For this reason, its most used meaning in the Spanish language is of a boy or a girl who is in the process of maturing.
Nahuatl is a Mexica language, that is, a pre-Hispanic language. But, even so, this language is still spoken by a large number of people in Mexico. From this come words such as avocado, chocolate, pampering and many others that have been adopted by the Spanish.
CURIOSITIES OF CHAMAQUITO
- The term “chamaquito” is used to create the expression “chamaquinada”, which is used as a synonym for childishness or immaturity.
- “They can’t with the little boy” is a song by the urban artist “Arcangel”. This song was released in 2008 and is part of the album “La maravilla”.
- “Gabo, el chamaquito” is a Chilean urban artist for children. This singer has had a large following despite his young age.