On many occasions, abbreviations tend to break our heads trying to decipher their meaning. To avoid that, The Wan Shi Tong Library answers your questions about the DIF abbreviation , its origin and respective functions.
The DIF is a Mexican public institution that looks after the assistance, well-being and development of society. It is an organization founded in 1977 on the initiative of Carmen Romano Nolk, wife of the president at the time, José Guillermo López Portillo.
DIF is created through the merger of the National Institute for the Protection of Children (INPI) and the Mexican Institute for Child Care (IMAN). It seeks to strengthen assistance efforts at different levels and promote the development of social groups without any distinction.
What does the abbreviation DIF stand for?
You may wonder what is the meaning of the abbreviation DIF ? Well, it can be called in two ways. – ¹ The most common is DIF, which means Integral Development of the Family. – ² However, this body can also be called SNDIF (National System for the Integral Development of the Family).
The DIF is a fully decentralized entity, which means that it is located in several cities of the Mexican nation. It has its own legal identity and has to its credit various assets.
However, it is adapted to current regulations presented by the Social Assistance Law and the General Health Law.
DIF performance in Mexico
The National DIF in Mexico exercises functions that seek to promote the following main lines:
- Comprehensive protection of girls, boys and adolescents.
- Protection of the elderly.
- Comprehensive individual, family and community development.
- Social reintegration of people in vulnerable situations (physical, mental and psychological disabilities).
- Comprehensive care for pregnant women, during and after.
- Fight against the scourge and consumption of narcotic substances that weaken healthy personal and collective development.
Likewise, the DIF focuses its objectives on the construction of programs that promote the following aspects:
- Social, medical, legal and psychological assistance.
- Development of cultural, recreational and sports activities that promote healthy development.
- Rehabilitation and control activities for the elderly.
- Education regarding issues of values and family harmony; respect and special protection for girls, boys and adolescents.
- Food education to avoid high levels of malnutrition and obesity in children and adolescents.
- Comprehensive education and integration into the educational system of girls, boys and adolescents.
DIF for the neediest
Acting with efficiency, respect and honesty is part of the concept that this organization has to become the reliable support of people in a state of vulnerability. At the same time, strive to be a timely engine for social growth and development. Now that you know the meaning of this abbreviation, I invite you to continue taking advantage of the nutritional content of our Wan Shi Tong Library . Discover the most bizarre and formal terms on our home page , you will be surprised.