Definition of Ganga
- It is associated with any merchandise that is obtained or sold for less money than its real value. That is, it is on sale for some reason. For example: Did you really get it at that price? That’s a ganga!
- Name given to some species of birds , including one that is part of the curlew family. In other parts of the world, it is associated with one that is similar to pigeons with a peculiar plumage to camouflage itself on the ground.
- It is used as a synonym for mockery , that is, it refers to the act of making fun of another for different reasons. For example: Do not follow the ganga for my fall yesterday, that is already past.
- It refers to a gang of criminals and comes from the English gang which means “gang”. In other words, an organization that engages in criminal acts.
- It is the useless material that is extracted from a mine along with the useful materials, that is, that material or waste that is not worth the extraction or its use.
SYNONYMS FOR GANGA
- Criminal organization
ORIGIN OF GANGA
Ganga comes from an onomatopoeic voice referring to the sound of a bird similar to a partridge or dove. Due to the characteristics of the meat and the difficulty in hunting the bird, the term was applied to things of little profit. Then, with the passage of time to all kinds of promotions.
This word comes from the English gang which translates as gang. In some Spanish-speaking areas a Spanish version of the term is used to imply the same thing. In other words, it is used only in the context of organizations that partner for criminal purposes.
Ganga in the sense of mineral waste comes from the French gangue which means “path” or “seam”. Thus, it refers to all those that remain on the road because it is not useful for industrial exploitation.
CURIOSITIES OF GANGA
- “Ganga” is a song by the Puerto Rican artist “Myke Towers “. This theme was launched in the month of November 2019.
- Singer Carlos Efrén Reyes Rosado, better known as “Farruko” has an album called “Gangalee”. This album was released in 2019 and includes hits like “playa” and “calma”.