Gentlemen is a masculine pronoun in the plural, which means men of elegant appearance, distinguished manners and exquisite education.
- Marcos is a gentle man.
- My husband is quite a gentleman.
Apart from being used on men with certain characteristics such as elegance and a distinguished education, it is also used as a courtesy word to refer to older adults.
- Horse rider
- In ancient times a gentleman or gentleman, was the person who served the king or the nobility.
- This was the lowest rank in the landowning nobility, and they were characterized by having a coat of arms.
- The gentlemen is a comedy-action film, directed by Guy Ritchie, released in January 2020.
Gentlemen in other languages …
- France gentilhomme.
- Spain caballero.
- Portuguese cavaleiro.
- Romanian cavaler.
This word in English can be combined with adjectives and vary its meaning, example:
- Gentlemen farmers, farmland owners.
- Gentlemen agrrement, verbal agreement between gentlemen.