Definition of Golosa
- It refers to people who love sweets and treats, who are gluttonous, or who have a huge appetite. For example: Stop eating so much sweets that you are going to get sick from having a sweet tooth.
- Person who likes s#ex and kinky things. It was born as an extension of the original meaning.
- Children’s game that is also known as hopscotch and that is practiced by combining jumps on one and two feet.
- Obsessive and almost uncontrollable desire for something. For example: I want a sweet result
SYNONYMS FOR GOLOSA
- Lame Leg
- Blackberry Queen
ANTONYMS FOR GOLOSA
ORIGIN OF GOLOSA
The word Golosa comes from the Latin term gulosus and refers to “someone fond of eating”. From this term, candy is born and makes the word have the relationship to sweets. This use is totally generalized and accepted by the RAE. Likewise, the term was adapted as an adjective and gave an excuse to be used in the sense of great appetite for something as it is interpreted in Argentina, and other Spanish-speaking places, in relation to s#ex.
There is no exact record of the first use of the term. However, it is thought to come from traditional Roman and Greek games. Later, it was adopted in Europe and brought to Colombia in the early 20th century. This game is one of the most popular in this country.
CURIOSITIES OF GOLOSA
- Hopscotch or Golosa is one of the most representative books of Latin American literature. Its author is the Argentine Julio Cortázar.
- There is a popular meme on social networks with the term sweet tooth and its meaning has sexual connotations.