Definition of Gyal
- Literally. Girl
- Colloquialism to refer to a woman of unspecified age who is generally young.
- Qualifier to designate a person or animal in commendable terms. For example, “you’re a good gyal ” or “good girl.”
- Woman with whom you have a romantic relationship. For example, “she is my gyal “.
6. Small town in Hungary, originally known as Gayul.
7. Who is or looks young.
SYNONYMS FOR GYAL
- Little girl
ANTONYMS FOR GYAL
ORIGIN OF GYAL
The word gyal is a Caribbean adaptation of English girl , to say girl or young woman. The term gyal is an abbreviation that English speakers use for how the term girl is heard , and is used mainly to refer to a girl in a friendly way.
The use of this word has become popular in Spain, and in the United States. Some popular music artists include the term in their songs. However, the massive use of the term is found in most Latin American countries, where trap music has included it in its songs.
CURIOSITIES OF GYAL
- Within the genre reggae , gyal means girl babylon , a term criticized within the Rastafarian culture.
- The expression gyal is very common among songs of the trap musical genre throughout Latin America.
- The term was used in a popular song from the 2000s called “ideal girl” performed by the Colombian group Latin Dreams.
- At the end of 2020, the Colombian artist Sebastián Yatra performed a renewal of the song together with the Puerto Rican Guaynaa.