Definition of Jangueo
- From the term “Hang Out” which, in turn, means ” hang out.”
- Party. Example: This jangueo will last all night.
- Go out with friends anywhere. Example: Let’s go hang out, I’m bored.
SYNONYMS FOR JANGUEO
- Hack around
ORIGIN OF JANGUEO
The origin of Jangueo comes from the Spanglish originating in Puerto Rico, specifically from the mispronunciation of the term “hang out” in English, which means “to pass the time”.
The jangueo is an integral part of the famous party attitude characteristic of the islands of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. This is a fully nocturnal activity, where the most active hours are those in the early morning.
CURIOSITIES OF JANGUEO
- In countries like Argentina, Bolivia, Venezuela and a few others, the meaning of Janguear is literally “to do nothing.”
- It is said that when someone is “jangeando” they are generally, consuming alcoholic beverages or other substances.
- Among some of the songs where this term appears are: “Jangueo” by Alex Rose and “Noche de Jangueo” by Alcangel.