Definition of Serendipia
- It is a coincidence or a coincidence. It is the valuable discovery that occurs accidentally or by chance when something different than what you expected to find is found.
- By extension, it refers generally to coincidences that occur in love and romantic relationships.
SYNONYMS FOR SERENDIPIA
- Good luck
- Happy coincidence
ORIGIN OF SERENDIPIA
Serendipity comes from the English term serendipity which means chance and unexpected encounter. For its part, serendipity was born from Serendip, which corresponded to the name of the territory that is currently known as Sri Lanka. The reason for this is because of a story called “The Three Princes of Serendip”.
After being accepted by the Spanish language, the term began to be used in a massive way. However, it was from the popularization by the different media that its use was more widespread. It is used, especially with romantic emphasis.
CURIOSITIES OF SERENDIPIA
- Serendipity, played by John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale is a 2001 film. In this film, the protagonists meet by chance in a New York shopping center and a love story begins between them.
- Albert Einstein considers that some of his inventions obey a serendipity. He investigated focused on one purpose and discovered something totally different.
- The discovery of America, according to Umberto Eco is an example of serendipity. Columbus was not looking for a new continent, however, he found it on one of his many trips.