Definition of Willoughbys
The Willoughbys is an original animated comedy from Netflix that will be released on April 22, 2020, this is inspired by the children’s book The Willoughbys written by Lois Lowry, American writer of children’s and teenage books.
Willoughby is an Anglo-Saxon surname, the origin of which is related to Old English and means “willow people.” Currently we see that the word sauce in English is “willow”, being an English word, there are Anglo-Saxon communities with this name.
The plot of this film lies in how children try to get rid of their parents, believing that they would raise themselves better, this ends up analyzing and learning the importance of family.
As it is an animated movie, the characters will be created with digital programs used for this purpose, and the voices will be interpreted by actors such as:
- Will Forte as Tim Willoughby
- Maya Rudolph as a babysitter
- Alessia Cara as Jane Willoughby
- Terry Crews as Commander Melanoff
- Martin Short as Father Willoughby
- Jane Krakowski as mother Willoughby
- Ricky Gervais as The Cat, and storyteller